Many of us are in the same boat, trying to find a compass to direct us.
What to learn? Who to follow? Where to begin? There will be countless stream of questions appearing in your mind about getting into user experience design.
So let’s take a look at 7 necessary steps to learn UX design before becoming a full-fledged member of the UX community.
WHAT IS A UX DESIGNER?
A UX designer starts from the ground up to create a website or app that is more usable and accessible, giving users a better experience.
UX designers must understand website/app design and development, be proficient in standard UX design tools (such as Photoshop, Sketch, and Illustrator), and test a web/app design for improved UX.
DECIDE TO BECOME A UX DESIGNER AND STICK TO IT.
First and foremost, are you serious about becoming a UX designer? If you answered yes, then have faith in yourself and carefully consider your options before beginning this technical adventure.
Decisions made without enough planning are doomed to fail.
Study what it means to be a UX designer; look at our Website Design Training in Kolkata to gather information before deciding.
Understand the design directions
First and foremost, decide what you want to accomplish.
Many people wish to draw illustrations, but they don’t know what kind of illustrations to draw. Icons, cartoons, or animations? It is up to you to decide what you desire.
Do not allow people to make your decisions for you.
- Do you enjoy working on the design’s aesthetic aspect? — If you answered yes, you can pursue a career as a visual designer (UI).
- Enjoy thinking about how a product interacts with its users, designing a user-friendly interface, analysing data, and testing it. You might be interested in becoming a user experience designer (UX).
- Do you enjoy both the first and second and want to learn more about the product, be in control of it and know how to enhance it? Perhaps you can pursue a career as a product designer.
- You can be a graphic designer if you enjoy working with magazines, posters, flyers, and other POS materials and working with a company’s identity.
- Some people have a working knowledge of all design fields. Begin by determining which specialisation most interests you. There are many alternatives; find something that makes you happy and to which you can spend a significant amount of time!
STUDY THE WORK TOOLS
How can you succeed if you don’t know how to use the program?
If you’re a complete newbie, you’re in luck since you won’t have to move from Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator; instead, you’ll be able to go right into Sketch or Figma.
Please read up on the distinctions between them and then decide what you wish to learn.
If you’ve already decided on a design direction, check out job search sites like Headhunter or Linkedin to see what employers are looking for and what programs you should be familiar with, and then go for it.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE DESIGN
Pay attention to the structure and content of websites and mobile applications as a web designer.
Check the colors and fonts as well.
If you wish to work as an interface designer, you need to pay close attention to everything and ask yourself questions.
GET YOURSELF SURROUNDED WITH DESIGN
We advise you to immerse yourself totally into the design and look at other people’s work daily.
There are millions of resources, few of them are:
- Dribbble portfolio platform
- Behance portfolio platform
- Awwwards platform-awarded the title of the best in web design
LEARN FROM OTHERS
How can you get started as a web designer without any prior experience or a degree?
Learn from other people’s work to answer this question
Try to imitate what you admire in other professionals
Make connections with designers who are excelling in their fields.
FIND MENTORS AND BECOME MENTORS
Professionals can teach you a lot, especially if you’re a newbie.
We recommend that you locate someone to teach you design. They will assist you in advancing your career.
Mentors such as designers who share their expertise in blogs, vlogs, and social media can also be followed.
Subscribing to the top designers you admire, keeping track of what they read, what conferences they attend, and what new programs they are learning will keep you up to date on all the latest design trends and events.
ENROLL IN A COURSE
Many people prefer to learn about their new career at home by watching YouTube videos and reading books and articles. However, this is only the first step.
To become professional, “Enroll in a course!” — they will help.
Here comes Acesoftech Academy, a Website Design Training center in Kolkata offering a wide range of Web Design Courses in Kolkata for beginners.
We hope this article will help you in becoming a UX designer.
Without any doubt, with the proper guidance and course information, one can become a successful UX designer.
Acesoftech, Website Design Training center in Kolkata, will help you to become a proficient UX designer.
At Acesotech, we work hard to help you fulfill your goals and set a successful career.